That’s right…bring your living room to your front lawn and your dining room to your patio! General Gordon JKC showed its love for the amazing sun shining day with carpet toys and easel painting in the courtyard and snack time in the butterfly garden. How did the sun inspire you today?!
Get inspired this Spring/Summer by Tillman, the Bulldog. Join our Sk8 Club starting Friday, April 27th at Bayview School! Download our Community Programs brochure HERE and get registered!
Get your kids in the know…now! Teaching Kids News is a Canadian website created to educate elementary school kids on current events, politics, entertainment, science, arts, sports and more! Articles are written by highly qualified school teachers and journalists and are written for a community audience – parents/guardians, teachers and children – for personal, educational or pedagogical purposes. Read the news together, have discussions and empower your children to create their own opinions on global issues and enhance their literacy at the same time!
BCTF has given notice of increased job action beginning on Monday March 5th. At this point we are assuming that there will be no school instruction on March 5th, 6th or 7th. Child care programs will be able to access school premises and JKC will therefore be operating from 7:30am – 6:00pm at all locations on those days. Please note the following points:
- Care will only be available for currently registered families on their regularly registered days. We will not be able to accommodate drop-in registrations or registration changes.
- A charge of $10.00 per day will be applied to cover additional staffing costs unless a current child care subsidy is in effect.
- Access points to schools may be restricted so look for posted signs.
- Please note that due to staffing constraints we will not be offering lunches on those days so please send your child with their regular school day lunch.
- Please ensure that your child has adequate clothing for both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Monday will be an in-center day. We may plan field trips for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Be sure to check out CBC’s Doc Zone tonight – February 23rd – at 9:00pm. The documentary, “Sextup Kids” will be airing and bringing you inside of the minds of the kids you are trying to raise in this media-driven world. Get an insight on what your child faces every day.
Click HERE to see a promo video!
Merlyn Horton, Executive Director of Safe Online Outreach Society (SOLOS) is offering a FREE workshop focused on emerging trends in online youth culture, high risk activities online, and Internet safety tips and resources. This workshop focuses on providing tools for parents, foster parents and youth 13+ on Internet literacy and safety information.
This presentation takes place at the Central Library (Alma VanDusen & Peter Kaye Rooms, Lower Level) on 350 West Georgia Street on Tuesday, March 6th from 7:00-8:30pm. Admission is free and there will be free pizza. Doors open at 6:30pm for refreshments. Register by Friday, February 24th at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presented in partnership with, The Vancouver Public Library, The City of Vancouver, Vancouver School Board, Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation and The Vancouver Community Action Team (VCAT).